A Primer for Development Professionals
The live session will be held on September 29, 2021
Advancement Resources invites you to spend a few important hours with Dr. Cliff Harris, Faculty Liaison for Development at Stanford Medicine and Strategic Partner and Facilitator at Advancement Resources, and Mark McCampbell, Senior Vice President at Advancement Resources. After 10 years of clinical practice and as an associate clinical professor at UCSF, Cliff transitioned his career to development, working with fundraisers to build stronger connections between clinicians and the development office, as well as managing his own major gift donor portfolio. Combined with Mark’s 36+ years in development leadership across multiple organizations, Cliff and Mark bring the medical and development worlds together in this dynamic session to help development professionals enhance their language skills to build stronger partnerships with clinicians and their grateful patients.
During this 2.5-hour session, participants will discover how to partner better with clinicians as they:
- Learn the building blocks of medical words to demystify complex terminology.
- Discover the important role that language plays in building and eroding trust with clinicians and their patients.
- Expand their medical vocabulary and understanding.
- Gain confidence in working in a medical environment.
- Create strategies for applying learning to enhance their own work with clinicians and grateful patients.