An understanding of medical terms is critical to building trust and establishing credibility with patients, donors, and physicians—yet many fundraisers in the healthcare industry remain unfamiliar with the medical vocabulary that their colleagues use. Advancement Resources is pleased to invite you to spend a few important hours gaining confidence to work in this complex environment. Join Dr. Cliff Harris, Faculty Liaison for Development at Stanford Medicine and Strategic Partner and Facilitator at Advancement Resources, and Mark McCampbell, Senior Vice President at Advancement Resources, as they help development professionals enhance their language skills to build stronger partnerships with clinicians and their grateful patients in this dynamic session.
During this 2.5-hour session, participants will discover how better to partner with clinicians as they:
- Learn the building blocks of medical words to demystify complex terminology.
- Discover the important role that language plays in building and eroding trust with physicians and their patients.
- Expand their medical vocabulary and understanding.
- Gain confidence in working in a medical environment.
- Create strategies for applying learning to enhance their own work with physicians and grateful patients.
Upcoming Virtual Workshops
Subscribe to our Monthly Philanthropic Newsletter to receive updates on our upcoming offerings.
Medical development professionals
$295 USD per participant
This workshop is applicable for continuing education points in the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.