This workshop explores the essential roles that deans and academic leaders play in development efforts at their institutions. In addition to gaining valuable tools and strategies, participants will have the opportunity to practice articulating their funding priorities as compelling Opportunity Stories to donors and potential donors.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Explore the critical roles of deans and academic leaders in fundraising.
- Learn what motivates major and principal contributions from the donor perspective.
- Transform your funding priorities into Opportunity Stories that are compelling to donors.
- Discover tools for working with donors more productively.
- Practice skills and strategies for donor meetings that lead to significant philanthropy.
One-day, in-person workshops are held several times each year. The current schedule is below, with additional offerings added regularly.
We highly encourage academic leaders and their development partners to attend this workshop together.
The live, two-part session will be held on the following dates:
Virtual workshops are held live. Participants should attend all sessions for the full workshop experience. Workshop recordings and/or make-up sessions are not available.
Group Discount for Virtual Offerings: Sign up 5 or more team members and receive a 20% discount.* Please register the entire group at the same time to receive this special rate.
*Group must register for the same date/offering for discount to apply.
Subscribe to our Monthly Philanthropic Newsletter to receive updates on our upcoming offerings.
Academic executive leaders
Other academic leaders
Development Professionals (attend along with their academic leader)
$1,200 USD per participant (early bird rate available)