Instructional Design Coordinator
Cedar Rapids, IA
Education & Training / Design & Creative
Are you eager to launch your career with a company whose outstanding mission to raise the level of philanthropy at nonprofits across the world will give you the opportunity to make a true difference? Do you enjoy a collaborative, creative, and a “no two days are the same” kind of atmosphere? Do you possess high attention to detail, willingness to learn, and strong communication skills? Advancement Resources wants to meet you!
The Instructional Design Coordinator will collaborate with other members of the design team to create, modify, and edit a variety of instructional workshop and web materials for Advancement Resources (AR). They will participate in data entry and assist in the maintenance of online learning platforms. They will also support the facilitation team to ensure successful delivery of workshops.
- With supervision, modify and build instructional content for in-person and online learning tools
- Collaborate with various teams to meet client goals for unique projects
- Support design operations by entering data into the LMS, client database, and other record-keeping systems
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by keeping workstation neat and organized
- Follow AR policies, procedures, and safety policy
- Maintain good attendance
- Conform to company dress code
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have an eye for design and comfort/interest in using design programs
- Display a positive, friendly, and respectful attitude toward clients and co-workers
- Function well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Adapt to changing responsibilities as business evolves
- Accept and respond appropriately to constructive feedback
- Possess a small-organization mentality where almost any role may need to be fulfilled to meet organizational
- Possess confidence in accomplishing tasks with minimal direction and intermittent feedback
- Possess desire to learn and grow professionally
- Be willing to learn through observation and hands-on training
- This is an entry-level professional position
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants should be comfortable learning new software
- Preferred applicants may have a bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, or a related humanities
- field such as English
- Preferred applicants may have experience using the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Articulate Storyline and Rise
Work Schedule and Environment
This employee works Monday–Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CT. This position is Non-Exempt. While performing duties of this position in the office, the employee will be in an office setting with moderate to low noise level. This position may qualify for a flexible work arrangement.
- This job description may not be all inclusive. There may be other duties the employee is called upon to complete in their position.
- The compensation and benefits for this role are commensurate with experience. Benefits package available.
- Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advancement Resources is widely recognized as a leading international research and training firm in non-profit philanthropic engagement. We deliver research-based professional education in philanthropy, campaign event planning and video production, and custom-designed educational programs.
Advancement Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advancement Resources is an operating unit of DiffStrat Companies, Inc.